From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to remove the "clear screen" just before login
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:39:27
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm using openrc (0.9.8.4) and I don't use any (graphical) login
5 > manager. After some upgrade of openrc (not too long ago), something
6 > clears the screen just before I'm offered to log in.
7 > But I'd like to see the last messages of openrc.
8 > What gets executed just before I can login? Or, where can I stop
9 > blanking the terminal just before login.
10 >
11 > Many thanks for a hint,
12 > Helmut.
17 I like this myself but I do find myself in your situation sometimes.
18 Try here:
19
20 /etc/bash/bash_login
21
22 Hope that helps.
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
30 how you interpreted my words!
31
32 Miss the compile output? Hint:
33 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"