From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing excessive stuff from profile
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 15:43:02
1 On 07/13/13 17:12, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 13/07/2013 06:49, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >> I have recently purchased a cubieboard:
5 >>
6 >> http://cubieboard.org/
7 >>
8 >> which is an ARM device with SATA. It is going to become a low power
9 [snip]
10 ...
11 ...
12 ...
13 [snip]
14 >
15 > There are no more "server" profiles as such, that idea is deprecated.
16 > Nowadays we have base profiles instead, like
17 > default/linux/amd64/13.0
18 > and desktop variants like
19 > default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop
23 Taking a lead from this, I went and changed my profile to be the
24 default, no KDE or gnome, and hey presto, the emerge count went from
25 about 250 down to about 35. It is currently building now.
26
27 Thanks for the suggestions,
28
29 Andrew