From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:16:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I mentioned in a thread a week or so ago that I was going to install
4 Gentoo on another box for a friend. Anyway, I got everything done and
5 now I run into this problem. I found a thread on the forums but it
6 seems to have just fixed itself. That's not working here tho. This is
7 the xsessions error file for the user:
8
9 startkde: Starting up...
10 Connecting to deprecated signal
11 QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
12 kbuildsycoca4 running...
13 No outputs have backlight property
14 QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.kglobalaccel' had owner '' but we thought
15 it was ':1.5'
16 Object::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QString)
17 Object::connect: No such signal
18 QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QString)
19 Object::connect: No such signal
20 QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
21 Object::connect: No such signal
22 QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
23 Object::connect: No such signal
24 QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceChanged(QDBusObjectPath)
25 QStringList
26 Solid::Backends::UDisks::UDisksManager::allDevicesInternal() error:
27 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed"
28 kded(4259)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
29 OpenGL vendor string: VIA Technology
30 OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI UniChrome (KM400)
31 20060710 x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE
32 OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 7.10.3
33 Driver: Unknown
34 GPU class: Unknown
35 OpenGL version: 1.2
36 Mesa version: 7.10.3
37 X server version: 1.10.3
38 Linux kernel version: 3.0.3
39 Direct rendering: no
40 Requires strict binding: yes
41 GLSL shaders: no
42 Texture NPOT support: no
43 kactivitymanagerd(4302): Communication problem with "kactivitymanagerd"
44 , it probably crashed.
45 Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected" : "
46 "Connection was disconnected before a reply was received" "
47
48 kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
49 kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
50 kded(4259) PowerDevilUPowerBackend::brightness:
51 org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightness failed
52 klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
53 kglobalaccel: Fatal IO error: client killed
54 Qt-subapplication: Fatal IO error: client killed
55 kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed
56 kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
57 kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
58 QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
59 kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
60 kdeinit4: Exit.
61 virtual QStringList
62 Solid::Backends::UPower::UPowerManager::allDevices() error:
63 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed"
64 kded4: Fatal IO error: client killed
65 kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
66 kdeinit4: Exit.
67
68 This rig has a Athlon XP 2000 which is not to slow. My old 2500+ still
69 works OK. It also has 1.2Gbs of ram. The only downside is the built-in
70 video. It is a Via km400. I have tried both Mesa and Vesa for this
71 thing but same error.
72
73 It does let me login in failsafe mode tho. So, I guess KDE itself is
74 working but something that is needed in regular mode is not working right.
75
76 Any ideas on what could cause this?
77
78 Oh, another odd thing I noticed. When I start kdm, I can't switch back
79 to a console. That is starting to piss me off. I can't login to KDE
80 and it won't let me go back to a console either. Is that related or a
81 separate issue?
82
83 Thanks.
84