From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compile large packages as last package
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 21:33:06
1 On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 21:20:23 +0200, Ramon Fischer wrote:
2
3 > Is there any way to tell "portage", that packages like "qtwebengine",
4 > "(ungoogled-)chromium", "firefox" and so on are always compiled as last
5 > package?
6
7 You can use the --exclude option for emerge. Maybe a script that runs
8 emerge @world with --exclude then again without?
9
10 While I haven't tried it with a script, I do use --exclude when chromium
11 is in the list because my laptop only has 8GB RAM, which means chromium
12 takes ages.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Isn't 'Criminal Lawyer' rather redundant?