From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vlc dies on GL
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:20:25
1 On Thursday 10 Nov 2005 2:38 am, James wrote:
2 > I tried to install mythtv and it failed because of "-lGL". I then tried to
3 > update vlc, and it failed with the error message above.
4 When you compiled ati drivers did you enable opengl use flag? you can check by
5 passing this command.
6 emerge -pv ati-drivers
7
8 Once you re-compile the drivers with opengl, pass the command
9 opengl-update ati
10
11 If you have already compiled the drivers with OpenGL then pass the
12 above-mentioned "update" command to make sure that your system uses the
13 driver's opengl. If it still doesn't work then you can pass "-opengl" use
14 flag for vlc and mythtv to disable opengl.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list