From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ssh stalls - please help
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 08:11:45
1 On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:04:59 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > probably since I've emerged openssh-6.0_p1 and/or git-sources-3.4_rc?
4 > I have problems with ssh.
5 > scp as well as filezilla as well as rsync -e 'ssh' stall when
6 > transmitting a somewhat larger file.
7 > This might be as few as 500 Kb on a slow network (256 Kbit/s).
8 > But it occurs on a fast network (100 Mbit/s) as well, when
9 > transmitting a larger file.
10 >
11 > ssh not only stalls but seems to hang indefinitely.
12
13 Yes it is, search b.g.o.
14
15 The problem is caused by the server running openssh-0.6_p1 with the hpn
16 USE flag, which is enabled by default. Either downgrade to 5.x or
17 re-emerge with USE="-hpn". I did the latter and everything is working as
18 it should now.
19
20 Well, not everything, my knee is still shot but SSH works :(
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 mandelbug /man'del-buhg/ n.
27 [from the Mandelbrot set] A
28 bug whose underlying causes are so complex and obscure as to make
29 its behavior appear chaotic or even non-deterministic. This term
30 implies that the speaker thinks it is a Bohr bug, rather than
31 a heisenbug. See also schroedinbug.