From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kconsole lost PTYs
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:42:37
1 On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 07:19:29PM +0000, Penguin Lover James squawked:
2 > > What about /etc/conf.d/rc? Maybe you can toggle RC_DEVICES="udev" and
3 > > set RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no"? (or maybe setting it to "yes" might give
4 > > you a work around?)
7 > I edited /etc/conf.d/rc:
8 >
9 > RC_DEVICES="udev"
10 >
11 > Which did not fix my problem of ownership of /dev/tty* and /dev/pty*
12 >
13 > Any other ideas? This one did not make any difference.
16 Hum, I am pretty much out of ideas. What about editing
17 /etc/udev/udev.conf to have udev_log="debug"
18 reboot, and check your system logs?
19
20 A warning: this will generate A LOT of logs.
21
22 W
25 Two college graduates are peeing in a bathroom.
26
27 The Harvard grad finishes, goes over and washes his hands very well
28 using lots of soap and water, and says "at Harvard, they teach us to
29 be clean."
30
31 The Yale grad finishes, and washes his hands with a very small amount
32 of soap and water and says "at Yale they teach us to conserve
33 resources."
34
35 Right then, a Princeton grad walks in, washes his hands thoroughly,
36 and goes to the urinal, saying "At Princeton, they teach us to wash
37 our hands before handling a sacred object."
38 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 19 days, 21:37
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list