From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting Putty window title to currently executing command
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 22:04:21
1 On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 03:58:36PM -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 3:11 PM, John J. Foster
3 > <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > I seem to remember ssh'ing into an old Gentoo box and having the window
5 > > title change to the currently executing command. For instance, when
6 > > emerging something that had 10 packages, the title would show something
7 > > like
8 > >
9 > > emerging (4 of 10) perl_something_or_other
10 > >
11 > > I'm not sure whether I was using screen at the time, or not. I'm not
12 > > even positive I was using Putty (I might have been on another 'nix).
13 > >
14 > > Can anyone help me out?
15 >
16 > I use PuTTY on Windows and the title updates as you described. I don't
17 > think I had to do anything special to accomplish it.
18 >
19 Thanks Paul, but mine doesn't do it anymore. I'm ssh'ing to 2 different
20 Gentoo boxes, one is a VM on my wifes XP box and the other is a just
21 rebuilt Gentoo workstation. Think this could have anything to do with
22 the Bash configuration?
23
24 Thanks,
25 festus