From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a standard sysctl-like way to modify sysfs files at boot time?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 01:09:26
1 > On Monday 27 December 2010 11:37:29 Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > > I want to do this:
3 > >
4 > http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/11/forget-200-lines-red-hat-speed
5 > > .html
6 > >
7 > > in userspace, but automate it at boot time. it requires that I create and
8 > > mount the cgroup subsystem in sysfs and sounds a lot like something that
9 > > I'd do in sysctl for /proc/sys, but for sysfs rather than procfs.
10 > >
11 > > The only thing that comes to mind is to append to the local init script,
12 > > but it's so close to what sysctl does that I feel like someone's probably
13 > > written some tool for it. Is there one?
16 Have you read;
17 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Improve_responsiveness_with_cgroups