From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get source of emerge to patch?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:00:39
1 quoth the Jim John:
2 > Hi. I want to patch cyrus-imapd. I have the diff file, but no source
3 > because I emerged from the repository. How do I get the source and ebuild
4 > it? Thanks.
7 If you emerged cyrus-imapd then the source will be in /usr/portage/distfiles.
8 After patching you will have to recalculate the package digest (ie: the
9 md5sum) or portage will refuse to install the new version. I cannot recall
10 the exact command for this ATM but it is in the ebuild guide along with all
11 the other gentoo docs...
12
13 -d
14 --
15 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
16 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
17 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972