From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GBP character in KDE
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 18:10:45
1 On Saturday 08 Mar 2014 17:42:07 Pavel Volkov wrote:
2 > On Saturday 08 March 2014 15:50:27 Mick wrote:
3 > > I can't understand why a PC that uses the KDE desktop always sticks an
4 > >
5 > > accented capital "A" in front of the pound sign. It looks like this:
6 > > £
7 >
8 > I don't have this problem in KDE (though I'm not using UK layout to type
9 > it). I use the additional X.Org layout called "typo" and type the pound
10 > sign with AltGr+F.
11 >
12 > What tool do you use to switch keyboard layouts and what are those layouts?
13
14 This machine only has UK qwerty keyboard and UK locale. I don't switch into
15 any other layouts.
16
17 I've just changed the default country in the KDE locale GUI from UK to 'No
18 Country' and will restart the desktop as soon as I can kick a Luser off it, to
19 see if it works.
22 Regards,
23 Mick