From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Brother MFC 7320
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 23:32:48
1 On 10/02/2012 04:01 PM, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > I has compile new kernel, but the result is same.
3 >
4 > CONFIG_USB_ACM=y
5 > CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=y
6 > CONFIG_USB_WDM=y
7 > CONFIG_USB_TMC=y
8 >
9 > I use the handbook for usb and usb printer.
10 >
11 > Uff. When on Sabayon run, should run on gentoo too, or?
12
13 All I know about Sabayon is that it is based on gentoo, but I've never
14 used it. I think your printer should work on *any* linux distro, so
15 gentoo should find and use your printer just as well as Sabayon :)
16
17 I would compare the dmesg on Sabayon to the dmesg on gentoo. I think
18 that should tell you if the kernel configuration is different or wrong
19 on gentoo. Your printer should be connected and powered on, of course,
20 when you boot the computer ;)