From: Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas <ronisbr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New application: app-portage/kportagetray
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:06:58
1 Finally I created an account at gitorious.org and now we can have a live
2 ebuild for KPortageTray, which I'm attaching at this e-mail.
3
4 By now, it is still at development and the user should use with caution. But,
5 I'm using it everyday and I think it doesn't have any serious bug. Like I
6 said, you don't need to run it as root, but it will call kdesu when root
7 access is needed, so, shouldn't have any serious security issues.
8
9 At the current version, I added support for eix-sync and now, after every
10 sycn, the output of eix-diff is shown at a tab.
11
12 I also converted the colors output by the commands (genlop, emerge, etc.) to
13 HTML, so everything is colored now (but there maybe some bugs at colors).
14
15 One more time, it won't work with KDE 4.4 due to a massive change at systray
16 protocol. As soon as the docs is released I'll tray to adapt KPortageTray to
17 handle it.
18
19 Regards,
20 --