From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] drivers for INTEL integrated GPU?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 01:27:43
1 Agree with Joost that Intel is typically well supported in LInux. I have
2 Skylate (gen6) system which i got fairly soon after they were released and
3 had no issues setting it up using ~amd64. If you want to run amd64 instead
4 you might need to keyword the kernel and X stuff.
5
6 On firefox about:support, i have;
7 Multiprocess Windows 1/1 (Enabled by user)
8 and;
9 Features
10 Compositing OpenGL
11 Asynchronous Pan/Zoom wheel input enabled; touch input enabled
12 WebGL Renderer X.Org -- Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.8.0 /
13 4.9.6-gentoo-r1, LLVM 4.0.0)
14 WebGL2 Renderer X.Org -- Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.8.0 /
15 4.9.6-gentoo-r1, LLVM 4.0.0)
16 Hardware H264 Decoding No
17 Audio Backend pulse
18 GPU #1
19 Active Yes
20 Description X.Org -- Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.8.0 /
21 4.9.6-gentoo-r1, LLVM 4.0.0)
22 Vendor ID X.Org
23 Device ID Gallium 0.4 on AMD TONGA (DRM 3.8.0 / 4.9.6-gentoo-r1, LLVM
24 4.0.0)
25 Driver Version 3.0 Mesa 17.0.2
26 Diagnostics
27 AzureCanvasAccelerated 0
28 AzureCanvasBackend skia
29 AzureContentBackend skia
30 AzureFallbackCanvasBackend none
31 CairoUseXRender 0
32 Decision Log
33 HW_COMPOSITING
34 blocked by default: Acceleration blocked by platform
35 force_enabled by user: Force-enabled by pref
36 OPENGL_COMPOSITING
37 force_enabled by user: Force-enabled by pref
38
39 I cant see any references to OMTC, but there are some layers.acceleration.*
40 and layers.offmainthreadcomposition.* configs, but they're all set to the
41 defaults.