From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something went wrong with DNS, plz help!
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:27:18
1 2014-07-26 10:22 GMT-06:00 Grand Duet <grand.duet@×××××.com>:
2 etc/resolv.conf ?
3 >
4 > I guess, no.
5 >
6 >> if not, append some known dns to that file this way:
7 >> nameserver 8.8.8.8
8 >> nameserver 8.8.4.4
9 >
10 > This does not help as /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten on every reboot.
11 > Creating /etc/resolv.conf.tail also did not help.
12 >
13 >> verify connection to your gateway and internet with ping.
14 >
15 > It is ok. I am writing from the same subnet.
16 >
17 That was just the trouble-shooting part, I use /etc/resolv.conf.head
18 as my permanent solution to dns nameservers setting on my desktop(see
19 my previous mail).