From: Fernando Ferrari <fernandorferrari@×××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Xorg 7.0: how to remove unwanted VIDEO_CARDS?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:24:29
1 Hi Stefan, the easy way,
2 Search the modules installed with the command eix
3
4 eix xf86-video
5
6 look the item "install:" and what module it install and unmerge only you
7 dont need.
8
9 Saludos
10 Fernando Ferrari
11 http://fernandorferrari.blogspot.com
12
13 -----Mensaje original-----
14 De: Stefan G. Weichinger [mailto:lists@×××××.at]
15 Enviado el: Lunes, 28 de Agosto de 2006 08:08 a.m.
16 Para: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 Asunto: [gentoo-user] Xorg 7.0: how to remove unwanted VIDEO_CARDS?
20 Greetings,
21
22 yesterday I upgraded my notebook to xorg-x11-7.0-r1.
23 Compared to doing this on my desktop-system (where I ran into heavy
24 dependency-problems, solved it already ...) it went through without
25 problems.
26
27 I had added INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO_CARDS to /etc/make.conf, according
28 to my hardware, during the emerge I wondered why I should need some
29 savage-modules on my Nvidia-notebook, so I checked back and noticed that
30 I had mistyped VIDOE_CARDS ....
31
32 Corrected that and emerged again, now much less packages.
33
34 Did that remove the unneeded/unwanted bunch of modules or do I have to
35 correct that by doing something?
36
37 Thanks for a hint,
38 greetings, Stefan.
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
48 Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
49 Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
50 está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
51 ¡Probalo ya!
52 http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list