From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Again: Critical bugs considered invalid
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:29:02
1 On 6/8/07, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Well, I tell you a secret: even with all its quirks and defects, Gentoo
4 > has one of the more friendly and helpful communities in the OSS world.
5 > Try have a look at the Debian, OpenBSD or Slackware forums/ml/IRC
6 > channels, and you'll understand.
7
8 I concur, not only does gentoo have one of the nicer communities, it
9 also has more informed people. ( probably releated to it being a
10 generally harder distro to use that *cough* ewwbuntu *cough*
11 unlinspired *cough* or *cough* deadrat *cough* )
12
13 Many a time you'll find in non gentoo help rooms that everyones just
14 as lost as you are when you have a /real/ problem, and when you have a
15 /real/ problem you'll end up fixing it yourself after helping 50 other
16 people fix theirs.
17
18 Many a time Has it been I've googled for an answer to a problem and
19 the answer has been found amongst gentoos troves of data, in either
20 wiki, or forum, despite the fact that the problem i encoutered may
21 have occured on a non-gentoo box, and i did not enter 'gentoo'
22 anywhere in the search string.
26 Kent
27 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
28 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list