From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IP aliasing problem
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:03:42
1 >> I'm confused because I have in apache2 config:
2 >>
3 >> <VirtualHost 1.2.3.1:443>
4 >> ...
5 >> SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example1.com.crt
6 >> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example1.com.key
7 >> ...
8 >> </VirtualHost>
9 >> <VirtualHost 1.2.3.2:443>
10 >> ...
11 >> SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example2.com.crt
12 >> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/www.example2.com.key
13 >> ...
14 >> </VirtualHost>
15 >>
16 >> But if I request https://1.2.3.2 or https://1.2.3.2:443, I'm presented
17 >> with an SSL cert that has www.example1.com for the Common Name.  I
18 >> used openssl to verify that the Common Name for www.example2.com.crt
19 >> is www.example2.com.
20 >
21 > Make sure you don't have SSLCertificateFile/SSLCertificateKeyFile
22 > defined anywhere outside of the virtual hosts.
23
24 It was ServerName. I had ServerName defined as www.example1.com in
25 /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/default_vhost.include. I removed it from there
26 and added it to each of my SSL VirtualHost blocks and now everything
27 works. I noticed that removing ServerName entirely works for Firefox,
28 but in that case SSL wouldn't work for either domain in Opera.
29
30 I thought ServerName was just a label like ServerAdmin. Should I be
31 OK only having it defined in each of my SSL VirtualHost blocks?
32
33 Thanks a lot for everyone's help with this. You helped me realize it
34 was an apache2 config problem.
35
36 - Grant