From: Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:54:35
1 On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 05:44:09 -0600
2 Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > > syncing the tree is not installing anything, all it does is update
5 > > the list of what is available. Any comparison with Windows is
6 > > irrelevant anyway, Linux is not Windows.
7 yeah, in unix you can read files more than once and sane things happen
8 if you try to change then while they're open (fd still good that is)
9 > I thought windoze XP was set up to do this now? I think my Brothers
10 > does.
11 XP's automatic updates are, i think, on by default.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list