From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: About this graphite stuff
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 07:21:15
1 On Jan 30, 2012 4:52 AM, "walt" <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 01/29/2012 11:23 AM, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > > Do packages fail to build? We just had a 'Graphite
5 > > causing trouble' thread here,
6 >
7 > I've read in this group that an occasional package fails when using
8 > -j2 or higher (which you will certainly be doing) but that has nothing
9 > to do with graphite.
12 In my case, as long as I stay -j3 or lower, everything compile well.
13
14 > I've been using graphite for a long time with no problem whatever.
15
16 I took the plunge when graphite went stable and production-ready in the
17 4.5.x series.
18
19 > Except for a rare rebuild of cloog-ppl, of course, but I already knew
20 > how to bail myself out of that situation, and now you know too :)
23 Let me add that my servers *feel* faster with graphite. Of course, YMMV.
24
25 Rgds,