From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless not working anymore
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:44:38
1 On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:29:22 +0200, Marco wrote:
2
3 > after some updating (emerge --sync and emerge --update --deep world,
4 > etc.) my wirelss card does not work anymore.
5
6 What did you update? Telling us you updated wporld means nothing, it just
7 tells us that one of the unknown packages you updated may have broken
8 something. Use genlop or qlop to produce a list of the exact packages
9 installed.
10
11 > iwl3945: iwlwifi-3945-1.ucode firmware file req failed: Reason -2
12 > iwl3945: Could not read microcode: -2
13 [snip]
14 > Some research on 'SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory' showed that
15 > this is often caused by missing firmware for the wireless card. But
16 > net-wireless/iwl3945-ucode is installed on my system.
17
18 You may have it installed, but it is either in the wrong place or an
19 incompatible version as the kernel cannot load it.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!