From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Make Gentoo Live USB Stick
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:09:45
1 Hello,
2
3 This question more than likely has been posted before, either to
4 this or some other list. If so, then please let me know and I'll
5 start searching.
6
7 I want to make a Gentoo Live bootable USB stick using the available
8 Gentoo Live DVD iso. Can this be done by simply copying the iso file
9 to the USB drive with a utility like dd? Or are there some special files
10 that need to be copied to the boot sector?
11
12 Unetbootin (unetbootin.sf.net) is a GUI program that claims to do this,
13 but there must be a simpler CLI alternative.
14
15 Frank Peters