From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage snapshot signing key expired again
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 17:36:34
1 On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 6:21 AM gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Just tonight I tried to update my portage snapshot
4 > by emerge-webrsync command and found out that
5 > the portage snapshot signing key expired again
6 > without being properly updated by app-crypt/gentoo-keys
7 > update before its expiration as described here:
8 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Working/Features#Validated_Portage_tree_snapshots
9
10 So, a few issues there. Gentoo-keys isn't used to validate portage
11 snapshots. On my system emerge --sync checks them with
12 /usr/share/openpgp-keys/gentoo-release.asc which is part of
13 app-crypt/openpgp-keys-gentoo-release. The keys in this file don't
14 expire until July 2019 at the earliest.
15
16 > On the other side, app-crypt/gkeys is marked by ~
17 > in my architecture (amd64). So, it is impossible
18 > to update the portage snapshot signing key without
19 > using non-recommended package.
20
21 Then don't use that package. It isn't needed to verify signing keys. :)
24 > The same situation happened just half a year ago.
25 >
26 > Is it only me who thinks that Gentoo must care more about security?
29 You might want to investigate a bit more before pointing fingers...
32 Rich