From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot start up KDE desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:25:18
1 On Sunday 13 Nov 2011 08:03:25 Lavender wrote:
2 > >I don't think that has anything to do with KDE.
3 > >
4 > >Maybe this forum thread is part of the answer?
5 > >
6 > >http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-886248-start-0.html
7 > >
8 > >- Mark
9 >
10 > This problem has solved,but I got another one.....When I use startx , it
11 > says that modules "ati" "vesa" "fbdev" don't existand no screens found
12 > .-_-|| Alright, how to get it done?
13
14 It seems that you have not installed the correct drivers for your card and/or
15 have not defined these correctly in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, if indeed you have
16 created such a file (it may not be necessary to create it unless there is a
17 particular configuration need for your hardware).
18
19 I suggest you go back to the Gentoo instructions on how to install Xorg and
20 retrace your steps.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick