From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 07:58:01
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:47:06 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> > Why not post the details of it? All an initramfs is is an init script
5 >> > and a few binaries. Extract the init script, the initramfs file is a
6 >> > plain cpio archive, and post it here.
7 >>
8 >> I did post it a week or so ago in another thread.
9 >
10 > The init script? I didn't see it, which thread?
11 >
12 >> Yea, I know all that.  They are breaking one thing to fix something else
13 >> so that they don't have to deal with fixing what they broke.  I got that
14 >> a long time ago.  ;-)
15 >
16 > I'm coming round to the point of view that the breakage predates udev by
17 > many years. The whole idea of having four directories for binaries and
18 > two for libraries is an inelegance that I have come to accept over the
19 > years but only because it is "the way we have always done it"
20
21 http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/busybox/2010-December/074114.html
22
23 Regards.