From: AR <aleiphoenix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Get bridge working for xen
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 01:55:14
1 On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Facu Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all! :)
3 >
4 > I'm following the gentoo wiki [1]. I can't find any mistake on config
5 > files, but network does not work :/.
6 >
7 > I don't have any xen configuration (or domU) yet. I'm just trying to get a bridge
8 > with functional network on my domain0.
9 >
10 > I attach my /etc/conf.d/net
11 >
12 > When I try to ping, with any iface, to to outside, or even to the getaway, it says host
13 > unreachable. Also, the system delays on load the system. It takes like
14 > 30 sec more, and conky get stuck (I use it to take data like IP, getway,
15 > dns, etc..).
16 >
17 > I hope can help me please, I need to get this working :/
18 >
19 > Thank you! You all are the best!! Bye!
20 >
21 > Sorry if my english is not the best :/
22 >
23 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Xen#Networking_on_Unpriviledged_Domains
24
25 and what is your current network situation and your config (in
26 /etc/conf.d/net) ?
29 Just for reference, here is my config.
30
31 the IP on br0 is got from DHCP, everything else should be similar.
32
33 modules="iproute2" # optional
34
35 config_eth0="null"
36
37 dns_servers_br0="192.168.1.136"
38
39 config_br0="dhcp" # change this line if your network config is static
40 brctl_br0="setfd 0 sethello 10 stp off"
41 bridge_br0="eth0"
42
43 rc_net_br0_need="net.eth0"
44 rc_net_eth0_provide="!net"