From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: baselayout upgrade
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:44:55
1 On Sunday 01 August 2010 17:33:20 James wrote:
2 > James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
3 >
4 > Here's a dev_debate that really muddies these
5 > baselayout waters (at least from where I sit).
6 >
7 > http://www.listware.net/201007/gentoo-dev/9517-gentoo-dev
8 > -the-future-of-sys-appsopenrc-in-gentoo.html
9 >
10 > Any discussion or guidance is welcome!
11
12 Like you I thought of going down this path, but held back because as time
13 passed openrc (and portage 2.2) have been masked for quite some time now. Now
14 that I see from your link that systemd may be another alternative I will
15 definitely wait, until something becomes stable.
16
17 Anyway, that's just my take on this matter - for many gentoo users being on
18 the latest baselayout is more important than what it is for me. I'm happy
19 when my systems work with minimum interference on my behalf so when I can help
20 it I avoid unnecessary migrations by staying on stable.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick