From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amavisd-new-2.11.0-r3 crashes
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:44:36
1 On 2/13/19 11:03 AM, Ich wrote:
2 > I did "emerge @world -uvDNa" before, it pulled in perl-5.26 , I tried to
3 > downgrade to 5.24 but it didn't change anything.
4 >
5 > only after downgrading amavisd-new I had a working setup again.
8 Amavis itself is self-contained, but SpamAssassin uses a bunch of perl
9 stuff. The first thing I would try (as root) is,
10
11 $ perl-cleaner --all --reallyall
12 $ revdep-rebuild
13
14 and then restart amavis. If that doesn't fix it, you might try running
15 amavis in the foreground. You can stop the daemon, and then run
16
17 $ /usr/sbin/amavisd -c /etc/amavisd.conf foreground
18
19 to start it in the foreground. Now, after you receive a message, you
20 should be able to *see* it stop. And with any luck you will see the
21 reason why it shuts down.