From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE4 halts - how to catch a reason?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:11:41
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > Last week or two (I mostly use Gnome and can not say more precisely) after
3 > KDE4 starting session apps starts also, as well as bg and panels. But then I
4 > get black screen (during this KDE4 start process), and Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does
5 > nothing. The only way I have in hand to continue is to use SysRq kernel
6 > hacking (s, u, b).
7 >
8 > Have you an idea how to catch the halt reason?
9
10 Try to ssh into the box from another machine and inspect the logs
11 ("~/.xsession-errors" and "/var/log/Xorg.0.log").