From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Outputing 15.9kHz?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:13:42
1 > > I'm trying to figure out if a device that converts a VGA output to a
2 > > component output for HDTV connection will work with a standard TV that
3 > > has component inputs.
4 >
5 > Your VGA card can probably generate that signal itself. You'll only
6 > need an adapter for having the correct plugs. See
7 >
8 > http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html
9 >
10 > In short: Besides proper frequencies, you need interlacing.
11
12 I just spoke to someone from Audio Authority which is the company that
13 makes the device I linked to:
14
15 http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/9a60.asp
16
17 The guy there says it won't work because a computer outputs a
18 non-interlaced signal and a standard TV uses interlaced. Basically,
19 exactly what you said. From your link, it looks like an interlaced
20 signal can be specifiec in xorg.conf which should solve that problem.
21 Is that right?
22
23 - Grant
24 --