From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't unmerge xfce4
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:50:42
1 On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 11/11/09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> You unmerged the meta package but not its DEPENDs
4 >>
5 >> Emerge -av --depclean
6 >
7 > OK, I re-emerged xfce4-meta, and ran emerge -av --depclean
8 > xfce4-meta(You *did* mean to add the pkg name, I presume).
9
10 If you run depclean without any package name, it will remove all
11 orphaned packages on your system, which I think is what you wanted to
12 do. (Since you removed the meta package, all packages that it pulled
13 in which is not needed by any other package is now an orphan)