From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems syncing.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:57:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I run into this on occasion. I have tried several things but when it
5 > happens I can not sync for a couple days. Here is what I get as far as
6 > the error:
9 > < snip >
10 >
11 > Anybody have any idea of how to fix this?? While I am at it, is there
12 > any way to override the default sync servers? There is a couple that
13 > never work and they are not in make.conf. I can't seem to get rid of
14 > them. It seems portage is overriding the list of servers I want it to use.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sure there are a lot of Gentoo
17 > users out there that have sucky dial-up. :-\ I connect at 28.8K which
18 > gives me about 3 to 4KBs a sec. OOo takes about 24 hours. O_O
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
25 OK. I tried again tonight and got the same thing. There has to be a
26 solution to this somewhere.
27
28 Any ideas at all?
29