From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pvcreate won't create pv
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:54:04
1 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Got my two 4TB drives installed. Now I need to get stuff off /dev/hda
4 > so I can turn it into an LVM volumne. So I copied everything there to
5 > the the 7.3TB LVM filesystem, then tried to create a new pv on
6 > /dev/hda1. No joy. I get
7 >
8 > Device /dev/hda1 not found (or ignored by filtering).
9 >
10 > /dev/hda has only /dev/hda1 which takes all the space. The partition
11 > type is 8e, Linux LVM. It's not mounted. I tried pvcreate -f. I
12 > tried dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda1 count=1. What is pvcreate really
13 > complaining about?
14 How come its hda? Perhaps this is the problem, it certainly should be
15 fixed anyway.
18 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
19 How do
20 you spend it?
21
22 John Covici