From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] supported mp3 players (hardware)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:52:07
1 > What players would you recommend.  My needs are modest, a few hours
2 > of MP3s would be enough.  My primary goal is to listen to "the
3 > teaching company" lectures.
4
5 most devices which have as a requirement Mac OS 8.6 or better simoky
6 behave as a USB mass storage and therefore can be mounted on Linux. If
7 you read "Driver for Win 98 included" or "...downloadable from web
8 page", you can be 99% sure it is class compliant.
9
10 As you are on Linux, I'd like to recommend a device which also supports
11 ogg, like some Samsung and TrekStor devices do. I also enjoy to have an
12 FM receiver built in. Foldernavigation is a plus.
13
14 I just purchased an TrekStor iBeat organix FM @ 1GB. It's not a cheap
15 device, but I took my notebook to the store, mounted it, copied an ogg
16 and it worked, so the decicion was made. And I was sure that the day
17 will arrive when I want to use it to port an ISO image of 800MB, so
18 avoid 512MB devices :) .
21 Best regards,
24 ce
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list