From: Greg Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd upower
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 01:27:26
1 On 06/03/2014 11:14 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 >
3 > On 03/06/14 18:10, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4 >>> Maybe a news item explaining the switch of upower would help those who haven't
5 >>> blundered into this yet.
6 >> Maybe. The thing is, this is going to keep happening, as more and more
7 >> infrastructure migrates towards systemd. Perhaps a news item everytime
8 >> it happens is unrealistic?
9 >>
10 >> I would expect Gentoo users to search for viable solutions by
11 >> themselves, or asking for ways to solve it in the proper channels
12 >> (like Silvio did).
13 >
14 > Yes, thank you. That's exactly how I've seen the situation, but am I
15 > expecting
16 > too much from our users?
17 >
18 > (I think I'll be forced to write up some minimal news item just to shut up
19 > the loud minority who can't be bothered to do anything themselfs, like even
20 > read package ChangeLogs if they stumble upon something manual.)
23 If someone is going to change the basic rules and expectations of a
24 system in radical ways it is *not* unreasonable to expect that change to
25 be explained in an easy-to-find way (and not buried in a changelog.)
28 G.Wolfe Woodbury