From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo-based 'filer' / GentooFiler How-To?
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 20:26:40
1 Am 14.05.2011 21:31, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
2 > Hello list!
3 >
4 > Is there a how-to on how to create a 'filer' (kind of like OpenFiler)
5 > using Gentoo?
6 >
7 > I really don't need many things OpenFiler provided, so I think I want
8 > to roll-out my own 'GentooFiler'.
9 >
10 > Here's what I need:
11 > * iSCSI target
12 > * Replication
13 > * RAID 0 striping (redundancy will be handled by RAID 1 hardware)
14 >
15 > Here's what I don't want:
16 > * Web-based GUI
17 > * LDAP and/or AD integration
18 > * NAS ability (CIFS/SAMBA, NFS, etc)
19 >
20 > Can you point me to a how-to? Or if such howto doesn't exist yet, can
21 > you provide me pointers on how to realize the GentooFiler?
22 >
23 > (If there's no howto on making a GentooFiler, I'll be glad to make one
24 > -- but do point me to the necessary resources, please.)
25 >
26 > Thanks in advance!
27 >
28 > Rgds,