From: "Lutz Schönemann" <Lutz.Schoenemann@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deactivate keyboard
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:35:45
1 > > > > Hi,
2 > > >
3 > > >
4 > > >
5 > > > Hi!
6 > > >
7 > > > I have set up Gentoo on a system that I would like to use as a video,
8 > > > music
9 > > > > player and sometimes to check my emails. There is a remote control
10 > > > connected
11 > > > > to it and is detected as a serial keyboard. Now I want the
12 > xorg-server
13 > > > not
14 > > > > to process events coming from this "keyboard". I also have a
15 > bluetooth
16 > > > > keyboard that I want to connect to that system and events coming
17 > from
18 > > > this
19 > > > > keyboard should be processed.
20 > > > >
21 > > > > So, is it possible to deactivate one keyboard?
22 > > >
23 > > >
24 > > >
25 > > > I think so, what about deactivating the one you do not want to use in
26 > > your
27 > > > xorg.conf?
28 > > >
29 > >
30 > > Thats exactly what I'm trying to do: deactivate the keyboard in my
31 > > xorg.conf. But how can I do it?
35 > Removing the part in your conifg, I suppose. A question: Don't you want to
36 > use the keyboard anymore with X?
37 >
38 > Sven
39
40 I suppose you meant the part:
41
42 Section "InputDevice"
43 Identifier "Standard Keyboard"
44 Driver "kbd"
45 Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
46 Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
47 Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
48 Option "XkbLayout" "de"
49 Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
50 EndSection
51
52 If I remove this part from my config X would use a standard configuration for keyboads connected to that computer.
53 My goal is that only one keyboard will not work. This way I can use a daemon to process events coming from this device.
54 --
55 GMX FreeMail: 1 GB Postfach, 5 E-Mail-Adressen, 10 Free SMS.
56 Alle Infos und kostenlose Anmeldung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freemail
57 --
58 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list