From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian.bessler@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge kde-meta troubles
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:41:29
1 Suman Chakrabarty schrieb:
2
3 > Thanks, but I don't think my confusion was addressed fully. Let me
4 > explain. The following command did not work as reported (and suggested)
5 > before:
6 >
7 > ~ # emerge -D --newuse kdelibs
8 > Calculating dependencies... done!
9 > >>> Auto-cleaning packages...
10 >
11 > >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
14 > But, "emerge -1v kdelibs" worked as suggested. I don't understand why it
15 > works with -1 option added, but not without. Even if I had included
16 > kdelibs in the world file, it should have been re-emerged through the
17 > previous command, right? I didn't see through the additional magic done
18 > by -1!
19
20 It is not the -1 that is added but the --newuse that is left.
21
22 emerge -D --newuse kdelibs means that portage should only rebuild
23 kdelibs if there are changed USE-Flags.
24 As there aren't any, emerge has nothing to do and says so.
25
26 Sebastian