From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: No audio while playing HTML5-video (YouTube)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 17:08:31
1 > On Mon, 11 January 2016, at 3:02 p.m., meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >
3 > When starting Firefox with a clean new Profile with no
4 > Addon.s added, it is possible to /watch/ (watch != hear)
5 > a HTML5 video played from the YouTube site. But there is
6 > nothing to hear...
7 >
8 > The audio system of my Gentoo Box seems ok, since playing
9 > a video with mpv from the commandline let me watch
10 > and hear it.
11 >
12 > The YouTube-Page, which checks Firefox for the availability of
13 > HTML5 video cpapabilities says "OK! GO!"
14
15 Do these things work:
16
17 1. Other audio in your browser (e.g. Vocaroo, SoundCloud &c.)
18
19 2. Other HTML5 video sites. (I don't know which are HTML5 and which are flash, these days, so I'd try Vimeo, the BBC, newspapers sites, Pornhub, Redtube).
20
21 Just to be clear: are you sure it's HTML5 video you're watching on YouTube? How do you know? Is no flash player installed?
22
23 Stroller.