From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sync, emerge -puND world, and WHAM!!! ~100 packages to merge.
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:34:52
1 On 2013-03-27, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Has anybody else seen this? I did a sync, then emerge -puND world and
4 > got a list of ~100 packages to merge. About a third of them seem to be
5 > new perl stuff, 13 packages with gnome, and a lot of this and that.
6
7 When that happened to me, it was the result of inadvertatly switching
8 from a plain profile to a "desktop". Switching back to a plain
9 profile eliminated a lot of "bloat" packages for which I had no need.
10
11 I think the perl stuff is probably legit. IIRC, they recently split
12 up some packages and/or added some virtual packages for things that
13 had more than one implementation.
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Sign my PETITION.
17 at
18 gmail.com