From: Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Spurious warnings?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:59:22
1 Here's an example of a (possibly) useless log warning. I say useless because I don't know (how would I?) whether this was updated from version 0.30 or not.
2
3 I get these kinds of messages regularly. Sometimes, I say, "right. I did that last week, why is it telling me again?".
4
5 How do others know if a warning applies after any system/world update?
6
7 LOG: postinst
8
9 The database format has changed between 0.30 and 0.40.
10 You may need to update all your local databases and caches.
11 To do so, please run the following commands:
12 (for each user) $ update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/
13 (as root) # update-mime-database /usr/local/share/mime/
21 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
22 michael.higgins[at]evolone[dot]org