From: "Elaine C. Sharpe" <elaine@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any bought a laptop that "Just Works"?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:47:37
1 On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 08:40:02PM +0200, Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > I am in the market for a new laptop and would be interested if anyone
3 > else on the list had recently bought a laptop in which all the hardware
4 > worked out of the box with Linux. I am most concerned about
5 > WiFi/audio/webcam, the finer points of hibernation are of lesser
6 > concern. Currently I have a "Linux Certified" machine but I want to
7 > avoid shipping costs to the UK.
10 I've always had the best luck with the hardware support for
11 thinkpads (and dell inspirons, though they're kind of clunky
12 and cheesy). Can't vouch for the new ones though, it's been
13 a few years since I upgraded.
16 caveat utilitor