From: du yang <duyang.seu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to install music player without graphic ?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 05:53:21
1 On Sunday 10/23/11 13:31:13 CST, Lavender wrote:
2 > >Well, these are X applications (and Amarok is a KDE application.)
3 > >Obviously they need X to work. USE flags are there to configure
4 > >*optional* dependencies and behaviors. For mplayer and Amarok, these
5 > >dependencies are not optional.
6 > >
7 > >As others mentioned, you should install a command line player. There
8 > >are a few. mpg123 is not really a media player though. You might want
9 > >to look at this:
10 > >
11 > >http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/04/
12 > several-powerful-console-music-players.html
13 > >
14 > Wait ! I remember once when I used Federa , I also installed mplayer from
15 > source code .
16 > Mplayer afforded an option looked like --without-graphic , Then I could use
17 > mplayer under
18 > console and it didn't contact with graphical desktop.
19 >
20 > It seems that documentation about mplayer is needed .
21 >
22 You can use "mplayer -vo fbdev" to play videos under console, but you
23 should have framebuffer enabled in kernel and use flag "fbcon" enabled.
26 oooO:::::::::
28 :\.(:::Oooo::