From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fileserver with Raid + Crypto + BtrFS
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:19:27
1 On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 18:09:39 +0100, Ralf wrote:
2
3 > Btrfs supports Raid10 but no block-crypto.
4 >
5 > If I would use a HD->MD Raid->Luks->Btrfs stack, I don't benefit from
6 > the Raid implementation of Btrfs.
7
8 Nor do you get the automatic repair of corruption that btrfs RAID offers.
9
10 > If I would use a HD->Luks->Btrfs stack, then I would have to use four
11 > different LUKS devices, which results in four individual encryptions
12 > (and I don't have AES-NI, so this would be a tremendous slowdown).
13
14 It would definitely be slower, but maybe not "tremendously".
15
16 > What would be the best way to have a Raid 10 together with a encrypted
17 > Btrfs?
18
19 What about crypto on top of btrfs using a stacked filesystem like
20 ecryptfs?
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 A good pun is its own reword.