From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: meson build woes
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 22:18:01
1 On 2020-08-24, Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@×××.com> wrote:
2 >> >> - Unmerge all python and python-setuptools versions
3 >
4 >> > No, don't do that!!!
5 >> > Unmerging all python version will leave you with a non-working portage.
6 >
7 >> Indeed -- I've done that. It's not fun. You certainly won't do it a
8 >> second time.
9
10 > How did you recover? You couldn't even use setup.py at that stage.
11
12 Right.
13
14 > Did you have to download the python distfile if you didn't have it
15 > already, and build using configure and make directly?
16
17 IIRC, I copied Python binaries and libraries from another computer.
18 That took some trial-and-error, but I eventually got to the point
19 where I could do an "emerge python".
22 Grant