From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Reducing disk usage
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 09:56:50
1 On Saturday 05 May 2007, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > > Surely you meant "move the /tmp, /usr and /var to the / partition"?
3 >
4 >   Let me rephrase myself...
5 >   - *PHYSICALLY* moving /tmp /usr and /var to the /home partition.
6 >   - bind mount (or symlink) these directories to the / partition
7
8 OK, I see what you mean. Personally, I would have done it slightly
9 differently:
10
11 - create a partition with /home, /usr, /tmp, /var directories
12 - mount this somewhere, say /stuff
13 - mount -o bind /stuff/home /home
14 - etc ...
15
16 But that's because I know myself and I know if I did it your way I'd
17 confuse the dickens out of myself three days later when finding a usr/,
18 var/, tmp/ inside /home. It seems that human memory is like those Flash
19 NAND things - it deterioriates with age, hehehe :-)
20
21 alan
25 Optimists say the glass is half full,
26 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
27 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
28
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
31 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list