From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: whats a good laptop for gentoo these days?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 12:49:30
1 My MS surface pro4 has died (swelling battery has popped the screen -
2 known problem) so I am looking for a better replacement. I bought it new
3 years ago but it only got good Linux support (touchscreen etc.) in the
4 last couple of years so its been a bit frustrating.
5
6 So the question is - whats a good replacement?  Criteria is good battery
7 life, can dual boot windows (this is my only windows machine these days
8 and there are still some cases - Logitech harmony remote for one) and
9 gentoo with everything working/supported.  I do like the tablet with
10 detachable physical keyboard design but I mostly use it with keyboard
11 attached.  And non-microsoft hardware is preferred (the sp4 failure is a
12 design issue for which MS suffered a class action lawsuit to get them to
13 honour the warranty - I don't want a repeat)
14
15 BillK