From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fake MAC Address Bungling Wireless
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:59:53
1 On Tue, February 17, 2009 6:19 am, daid kahl wrote:
2 > 2009/2/14 daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
3 <snip>
4 > I'm a little embarassed that the solution was so easy and obvious and I
5 > bothered everyone. But I did learn some things in the process, so I
6 > appreciate the feedback a lot. So, as I eventually move to use wicd, the
7 > comments here will be helpful for me.
8
9 There is no such thing as a stupid question, there are only stupid answers.
10 And as you said, you learned some things in the process and so did other
11 people on this list.
12
13 Glad you got it working again.
14
15 One piece of advice, not all wireless network devices work well when
16 changing the MAC-address as the hardware might filter out the messages
17 before the software network stack gets to play with it.
20 Joost