From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: tried desktop profile
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 23:05:28
1 On 15/10/2020 21:07, Jack wrote:
2 > However, and I have no experience here, although some systems can boot
3 > in BIOS mode to a GPT partitioned disk, there may be extra hoops to jump
4 > through.  I'm sure others will chime in with additional information.
5
6 I don't think my current system has EFI, and it boots quite happily from
7 a GPT-formatted 3TB disk. In case it matters, however, the last 2TB are
8 my /home partition, so everything else - /, swap, grub etc are all in
9 the first TB.
10
11 Bear in mind that, in BIOS mode, grub installs itself in the "empty"
12 first 2048 sectors.
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol