From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to configure Radeon card
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:18:20
1 Nikos Chantziaras writes:
2
3 > On 10/14/2010 01:58 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
4 > >[...]
5 > >
6 > > You seem to have a HD 5700 card, even newer than the HD4XXX which is
7 > > not yet supported. So I'd turn this option off and try again.
8 >
9 > Btw, on Gentoo testing (~arch), HD4000 cards are working very well,
10 > including hardware accelerated OpenGL and desktop compositing.
11
12 Yes, but what I wrote was explicitely related to the 'Enable modesetting
13 on radeon' kernel option, I quoted the help section for that option. So
14 maybe without it all would work just fine.
15
16 Wonko